If you or a family member has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor, you have many questions about what the future holds and how the disease will progress. We offer this invaluable guide, Brain Tumor for the Newly Diagnosed, to help you navigate the emotional, physical and medical challenges ahead of you.
This book was prepared by the Heroes of Hope Grey Ribbon Crusade and has been reviewed and approved by two brain tumor researchers: Dr. Henry S. Friedman, Deputy Director of The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke; and Dr. Linda Liau, the Director of the UCLA Comprehensive Brain Tumor Program at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
Among the helpful sections:
- Tools to help you get organized
- The role of care givers and loved ones
- Support groups
- Frequently Asked Questions, including the types of brain tumors and how they are graded
- Treatments, including information on medication, surgery, radiation and gene therapy
- Alternative & complementary treatments
- Effects of treatment and medication on fertility
- Insurance management.
The book can be downloaded here. [PDF]